You will hold on to the edge of your seat when you read Framed; the excellent debut thriller by Canadian author S. L. McInnis.
Life seems routine for Beth and Jay; the Montgomery family. With an enviable affluence, she is a talented pianist turned music teacher, while he is an aspiring filmmaker. However, all is not as it appears. Like many couples, the Montgomeries have issues.
A huge monkey wrench tumbles into their facade of bliss when even though they have not been in touch for years, Beth’s former college roommate suddenly appears on the scene.
Beth and Cassie could not be more opposite. Beth is a good wife, reliable, anxious, and easily manipulated. Cassie has a history of instability. She is bold, shameless, and well versed in using her sexuality to get exactly what she wants. She has a knack for making others uncomfortable, and a distinct disregard for social conventions.
She is on the run from a bloody murder scene.
Cassie spins an easy lie, and although she knows that her former friend is a perpetual loose cannon, Beth feels cornered to allow Cassie to stay with her and Jay for just a few days.
Almost immediately, all hell breaks loose and Cassie is a force to be reckoned with.
Framed is an exciting, captivating and well-written psychological thriller. Characters are the human, flawed and multidimensional types that you think about after the book is over.
And the plot…just when you believe that you have an inkling of what’s happening, you’re wrong!
McInnis has an excellent way of weaving in clues and setting the stage for a blockbuster ending that is positively jaw-dropping.
Framed by S.L. McInnis is an exciting and entertaining book; one I easily recommend.
I look forward to more from this impressive new Canadian writer.
Grand Central Publishing 2020
- Girl at the Edge by Karen Dietrich, is a different kind of psychological suspense novel. It focuses on Evelyn, a young woman who is marked by the unenviable distinction that the father she's never known is a mass murderer sitting on death row. Her affiliated infamy has her retreating from…
- Depending on the genre of the novel in hand, Kate Kessler is one of 6 noms de plume of this Canadian-born author. Call of Vultures is her second Killian Delaney thriller. Although it's predecessor carries some of the backstory, Call of Vultures can stand alone. The fierce fighter Killian Delaney…
- Painter Crowe is off to investigate an explosion at the London museum as it may point the way to the most important energy source of all time.
- Getaway is an intense psychological thriller by author Zoje Stage. Three old and formerly dear friends set out to trek the Grand Canyon. The confident no-nonsense Beck is a physician. The reticent Imogen is a budding writer whose imploded life is shaped by trauma. They are closely bonded sisters and…
- Look What You Made Me Do is a captivating, original, and thrilling novel of suspense. Canadian author Elaine Murphy has come up with characters you have not met yet. The situations will either keep you up at night because you can’t put this thriller down or because every creak you…