Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof is the fourth Dixie Hemingway cozy by the late Blaize Clement. I am not really a fan of the cozy but if that is what you are looking for Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof is a good one.
Dixie Hemingway is a pet sitter with enough clients for it to be a full-time job. She befriends one of her clients’ neighbour. That neighbour, Laura Halston, gets killed. Hemingway does not quite play private detective but asks enough questions to discover Laura Halston was not what she appeared to be.
Dixie Hemingway also has enough police connections to know what is going on with the investigation and this is also what the reader gets. Unfortunately for Hemingway but fortunately for the reader villains target Hemingway so that she cannot quietly step aside and is kept involved in the investigation.
There is a secondary story involving a service dog and its young owner who is seriously ill.
Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof by Blaize Clement is a nice, light read. It is the perfect beach mystery: not really substantial but interesting enough to keep you reading.
Cat Sitter on a Hot Tin Roof
A Dixie Hemingway mystery
Originally published 2009
- Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter is the first Dixie Hemingway by Blaize Clement. If you like animal centered mysteries and the cozy, you are going to like Blaize Clement. Be forewarned though, Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter is a little bit more violent and a bit cruder than you typical…
- Mango Bay is the third lightweight mystery in the Mango Bob series by Bill H. Myers. Like other books in the Mango Bob series Mango Bay is a fun read that requires a good dose of willing suspension of disbelief if you are going to enjoy it. Walker moves to…
- Mango Bob by Bill H Myers is a veeeeery laid back and easy to read story with an ounce of thriller in it. It is clear Myers is using this first book to set up characters and back story for a series while including a mystery. The first third of…
- Wait for the paperback for this mystery novel.
- A book that will hold your attention - a lighting fast read.