Nobody reads a Tim Dorsey Serge Storms thriller seriously. Dorsey writes comic thrillers centered around a very intelligent and imaginative serial killer, Serge Storms, and his sidekick Coleman. Storms and Coleman get into and cause all sorts of comic mayhem and the killer finds new and original ways to kill those who show little concern for good manners, society, or are just plain stupid.
Normally, a Tim Dorsey novel is good fun and excellent light reading. This is not the case for the ninth Serge Storms book Hurricane Punch. Yes, Dorsey’s plots are quite loose but here there does not seem to be a plot at all.
All Hurricane Punch is is a series of events that Dorsey does not really bother to tie together. This ninth Storms novel center on a kind-hearted journalist named Jeff McSwirley. McSwirley’s problem is unlike all this colleagues he is the kind of journalist victims of crime, murder, or destruction want to talk to. This is getting to him.
Now, someone wants to kill McSwirley and Agent Mahoney, Serge Storms’ nemesis is convinced Storms is the one.
A Tim Dorsey novel is usually entertaining light fare. This time around it is more tedious than anything. You could skip a few pages and not miss a thing because there is little to miss.
Hurricane Punch is for hard core fans only.
A Serge Storms novel
If you like Tim Dorsey, you will like Lawrence Shames
- Nuclear Jellyfish Tim Dorsey Serge Storms 11 William Morrow Nuclear Jellyfish is the eleventh Serge Storms comic mystery by Tim Dorsey. It is also one you can skip unless you are a hardcore Tim Dorsey fan. Nuclear Jellyfish follows the usual over-the-top mayhem and bizarre murders at the hands of…
- Tiger Shrimp Tango Tim Dorsey Serge Storms #17 William Morrow 2014 Tiger Shrimp Tango opens with toilet lids being tossed out of the windows of a high rise hotel and naked people rushing out of said hotel covered in fire extinguisher fluid. This is where Serge Storm says “ In…
- Orange Crush Tim Dorsey Serge Storms 3 Harper Torch 384 pages Orange Crush by Tim Dorsey is the third book in the Serge Storms comic mystery series. This time around Dorsey has fun with politics. This comic mystery is set in the middle of a race for who will be…
- A very very wild comic mystery.
- Though published fourth, Florida Roadkill is the first of twenty-one Serge Storms comic mystery novels by Tim Dorsey. It is clear while reading Florida Roadkill that Dorsey is trying to get his footing. Here Serge Storms is just a psycho killer on the loose in the middle of a rollicking…