There are few thrillers that you put down and keep thinking about until you can get back to it. Deadly Honeymoon by Lawrence Block is one such crime novel. Its simple premise, strong characters, and economical writing make it a must read for any crime fiction fan.
Dave and Jill and newlyweds. They rent a cabin in the woods for their honeymoon. The man in the cabin next door is assassinated. The killers notice Dave and Jill. Dave is beat up, Jill is raped. The couple vow vengeance.
Deadly Honeymoon is the story of how Dave and Jill go about that vengeance. They track down the crime boss who ordered the hit and through him the killers who caused them harm. Lawrence Block’s superb writing and characterization make us thoroughly believe the transformation of Dave and Jill from normal people to stone cold killers.
One caveat, Deadly Honeymoon by Lawrence Block was written and published in the sixties so some expressions, like Negroes, jar a bit.
Originally released 1967
- Fifth in the Keller series and a good, comfortable read
- High Low Jack gets himself killed doing his 4th step, Matt Scudder investigates
- Support us click the picture and BUY at AmazonClick Pic for Amazon PageKilling CastroLaWrence BlockFirst published 1961Hard Case Crime 2008206 pages Paperback Killing Castro is one hell of a great adventure novel. Lawrence Block, who has written at least three of your favorite mysteries (Matthew Scudder of A Dance at…
- Hard Case Crime is a new imprint for fans of the mystery novel.
- An average Bernie Rhodenbarr mystery novel is still a decent read. Lawrence Block set the bar pretty high with the early books in this mystery series such as The Burglar in the Closet, The Burglar Who Liked To Quote Kipling, and the very funny The Burglar in the Library, but…